Three Great Foodie Ideas for a Father's Day Feast
Father's Day is just around the corner...
What better way to celebrate than with a feast that speaks volumes of love and appreciation? If you’re still looking for the perfect way to spoil your Dad, we've partnered with McFuzzlebutt's Manchen to present three great foodie ideas to ignite some taste buds.
Idea 1: Kanga-Ragu
Simple Pasta but why not make it extraordinary! This delicious Kangaroo Ragu is packed full of citrusy flavour from our Blood Orange Agrumato, an unctuous treat that is bound to impress..
- Put a large pot over a high heat
- Add Pendleton Olive Estate EVOO and 1kg Australian Meat Co. Kangaroo Tail
- Fry Kangaroo Tail until brown then remove
- Turn heat to medium and add one sliced capsicum, one sliced red onion and two garlic cloves and cook until onion is translucent
- Add 700ml Passata and bring to the boil
- Return the Kangaroo Tail to the pot and season to your taste
- Add enough water to just cover the ingredients and stir through
- Lower the heat to a simmer and place the lid on
- Cook for 1 hour and check moisture level to ensure it doesn't dry out
- Cook for another hour checking intermittently and stirring
- After 2 hours, remove a piece of Kangaroo Tail and shred with a fork, if the meat falls off easily, remove all meat from the pot and shred off the bone
- Return the meat to the pot and cook with the lid off until thickened slightly
- Cook Pappardelle Pasta in boiled water until al dente
- Add the cooked Pappardelle to the Kangaroo Ragu
- Tear or roughly chop some Basil and add to pot, reserving some Basil to use as garnish
- Serve Kanga-Ragu in a bowl and drizzle with Pendleton Olive Estate Blood Orange Agrumato Olive Oil. Sprinkle with shaved Parmesan and add basil as garnish before devouring
Idea 2: Raspberry Balsamic Pickled Onions
These pickled onions make a great accompaniment to dress up any main dish, drop into a sandwich or mix through a hearty salad. The best part? They take only 10 minutes to make - let us show you how:
- Cut Red Onion in half (longways) and then into thin slices
- Add boiling water to a glass jar and lid for about 10 minutes, then drain
- Add the sliced onion to the jar
- Fill with Pendleton Olive Estate Raspberry Vinegar until covered and seal with a secure lid
- Let sit in the fridge for at least one day (if you have time)
- Enjoy pickled onions on a sandwich, mixed through salad or used to dress up a main course
Idea 3: Truffle Popcorn
Enjoy a big bucket of homemade popcorn for movie night, with a deliciously adult twist that will elevate the traditional family movie snack into a foodie delight.
- Add 50g butter, 25mL Pendleton Olive Estate Truffle Infused EVOO and 1 teaspoon Truffle Salt to a pot
- Heat pot over medium - high heat until butter melts
- Add 1 cup popping corn to the pot and place lid on
- Shake/swirl the pot to coat the popping corn
- Wait for corn to start popping and swirl again for 30 seconds
- Once corn stops popping, remove pot from the heat and swirl one last time
- Tip popcorn into a bowl and enjoy your movie
Which one of these three delicious recipes are you most excited to try? Explore our range of EVOOs, infusions and vinegars here. It's the perfect way to elevate everyday cooking to delicious meals for any special occasion.